Use of Website – Terms and Conditions
These website terms and conditions may be changed by us at any time. Your use of this website is subject to these terms and conditions, which you are deemed to accept each time you use the website.
Whilst Sunrise Careers Guidance (“SCG”) have taken all reasonable steps to protect any information that you provide to us, please remember that the security of information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. The following sections set out relevant information relating to the submission and handling of data through our website.
We accept no liability for any loss (whether direct or indirect, for loss of business, revenue or profits, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or for any other indirect or consequential loss whatsoever) arising from your use of the site and we hereby exclude any such liability, whether in contract, tort (including for negligence) or otherwise. We hereby exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this web site and your use of it to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree to fully indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, reasonable losses, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Use of Website – Terms and Conditions by you or other liabilities arising out of your use of our services and our web sites. You must notify us immediately if anyone makes or threatens to make any claim against you relating to your use of this site.
Interruption and omissions in service
Whilst we try to ensure that the standard of this website remains high and to maintain the continuity of it, the internet is not an inherently stable medium, and errors, omissions, interruptions of services and delays may occur at any time. We do not accept any liability arising from such errors, omissions, interruptions or delays or any ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this website (or any particular part of it) or to provide the service offered on the website. We may vary the specification of this site from time to time without notice.
Information on this site
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and complete, some of the information is supplied to us by third parties and we are not able to check the accuracy or completeness of that information. We do not accept any liabilities arising from any inaccuracy or omission in any of the information on this site supplied by you, any other site user or any other person.
SCG occasionally invites third parties to guest blog on select topics. Guest blogs are the sole responsibility of their authors. SCG is not responsible, nor will be held liable, for the opinions expressed by guest bloggers.
All content and underlying coding of the SCG website is the property of SCG. You may not reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on the SCG website without prior written permission from SCG.
You may not create a link to the SCG website from another website or document without SCG’s prior written consent.
Your use of this site
You may only use this site for lawful purposes and must not under any circumstances seek to undermine the security of the site or any information submitted to or available through it. In particular, but without limitation, you must not seek to access, alter or delete any information to which you do not have authorised access, seek to overload the system via spamming or flooding, take any action or use any device, routine or software to crash, delay, damage or otherwise interfere with the operation of this site or attempt to decipher, disassemble or modify any of the software, coding or information comprised in the site.
You are solely responsible for any information submitted by you to this site. You are responsible for ensuring that all information supplied by you is true, accurate, up to date and not misleading or likely to mislead or deceive and that it is not discriminatory, obscene, offensive, defamatory or otherwise illegal, unlawful or in breach of any applicable legislation, regulations, guidelines or codes of practice or the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights or any person in any jurisdiction. You are also responsible for ensuring that all information, data and files are free of viruses or other routines or engines that may damage or interfere with any system or data prior to being submitted to this site. We reserve the right to remove any information supplied by you from the website at our sole discretion, at any time and for any reason without being required to give any explanation.
Information Submitted by you
We will use information supplied during the course of providing services to you. SCG will only process any data which you provide in accordance with UK data protection legislation.
The rights in material on this website are protected by copyright and you agree to use this site in a way which does not infringe these rights. You must seek prior written approval from SCG before you can copy material on this website, and in any event this will be limited for your own private or domestic purposes, and not for any commercial or business use.
Business Terms and Conditions
“We”, “Us”, “Sunrise Careers Guidance” or “SCG” shall mean Sunrise Careers Guidance of 5a School Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 8DU.
“You” shall refer to the individual who has confirmed the requested Services from SCG and has completed the appropriate payment in accordance with these Business Terms and Conditions.
“Services” shall mean the specific services or work, including but not limited to the range of services that may be set out through the SCG website that have been paid for by you and in consideration of which will be provided by SCG.
“Order” shall mean the confirmation in writing, including but not limited by way or email or submission of an order through the SCG website which sets out the agreed Services to be paid for by You and provided by SCG.
“Agreement” shall mean these Business Terms and Conditions which shall be deemed accepted by you upon submission of an Order.
“Work Product” shall mean the final written document (summary of guidance meeting and action plan) agreed to be provided to You by SCG as further set out and identified in the Order.
- Upon payment of the appropriate fees SCG agrees to provide the Services as set out in the Order.
- Upon receipt of your Order and payment of the appropriate fees We will contact you as soon as reasonable practicable to arrange a time to discuss your Order further, or request additional information in order to commence the provision of the Services.
- As identified within your Order, SCG will provide any Work Products in writing including via Microsoft Word and email format unless otherwise agreed with you.
- All correspondence will be undertaken in English.
- Unless otherwise agreed with you, the Services will be provided through email and In the event that you request the provision of the Services through any alternative means, including but not limited to third-party online messaging or collaboration tools (such as Zoom, Teams, or Hangouts) you take responsibility for the installation and use of such applications and adherence to any terms and conditions imposed by any such third party.
- The price relevant to the Services you wish SCG to provide will be as set out insunrisecareerguidance.co.uk at the point at which your Order is confirmed. All payments are required to be paid by You and received in full by SCG prior to SCG commencing any work in relation to your Order.
Payments may be made
Online – SCG uses the services of PayPal to be able to transact payments online. For the avoidance of doubt, SCG do not store credit card details nor do we share Your credit card details with any third parties. Further details relating to Online payments are available upon request.
By Bank Transfer – upon request we can provide you with the relevant bank details in order to complete payment by bank transfer. Please note that any provision of Services will not commence until confirmation that this payment has been received into the nominated bank account.
- In the event that you fail to attend a pre-arranged meeting or discussion or do not provide reasonable notice as to your inability to attend any such session SCG reserves the right to retain in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, the price paid by You for that session.
4. Your Responsibilities
- You undertake and agree to:
- Provide us with all required information in which is complete and accurate, that any information that you provide is not false or inaccurate and that you have all the appropriate permissions to pass such information to SCG.
- To respond to any correspondence in a timely fashion. You acknowledge that We are dependent upon You to respond to requests or provide required information in order to complete the provision of the Services.
- To confirm receipt of the Work Products no later than 48 hours following submission by SCG to You in accordance with the provisions of Clause 3 above and that You are solely responsible for the Work Product following such confirmation. If no confirmation is received within 48 hours the Work Product will be deemed completed.
- SCG retaining your contact details in order to contact You in the future with further information relating to the activities and services provided by SCG. SCG will never pass or share your information to third parties without having first received your prior written approval to do so.
- To attend all arranged meetings at the designated time, and in the event that you are not able to attend any arranged meetings or sessions to provide SCG with not less than 24 hours’ notice.
5. Ownership of Work Product
- You acknowledge and agree that the provision of Services is based and dependent upon the provision of similar or identical services to other clients and that You shall not have or obtain rights in proprietary products, materials of methodologies of SCG.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of this Clause 5 and subject to You having made full payment of the appropriate charges You shall have a right to use, adapt, copy, enhance or modify the Work Products.
6. Confidential Information
- During the course of performing Services for either Party may be given access to trade secrets, materials or information which is in writing and labelled confidential, which either party has told the other that it is of a confidential nature or which either Party might reasonably expect should be regarded as confidential (“Confidential Information”). The parties agree:
- the Confidential Information may be used, copied and disclosed only in furtherance of providing the Services;
- each Party shall protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information in the same manner that its protects the confidentiality of its/their own confidential information of like kind.
- all Confidential Information made available to Personnel including copies thereof, shall be returned to Client upon the first to occur of (a) completion of the Services or (b) request by Client; and
- specifically in relation to SCG, our access to Confidential Information shall not prevent SCG from marketing, developing or using services or products similar to or competitive with the Services or from using ideas, concepts, expressions, know-how, skill and experience acquired through the provision of Services to you, provided that the provisions of this Clause 6 are not breached.
7. Data Protection
- Both parties shall comply with its obligations under the Data Protection Act.
- SCG are subject to and will only handle data provided by You in accordance with your instructions as notified from time to time.
- SCG will only use and or handle data provided by You in accordance with the provision of the Services.
- SCG has a privacy and data retention policy and take steps to make sure these policies are implemented to protect your data when providing our Services. We make sure that we regularly review our privacy and data retention policies including related technical and organisational measures and, where necessary, improve them. Where applicable, we may also need to put other technical measures in place depending on our circumstances and the type of personal data we process. These policies and the steps taken to implement them are available upon written request.
- Neither party shall be liable to the other under or in connection with this Agreement, for any loss of actual or anticipated loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of expended management time, loss of anticipated savings or any indirect or consequential losses or damage of any kind, in each case howsoever arising, whether such loss or damage was foreseeable or in the contemplation of the parties and whether arising in or for breach of contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, indemnity or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Clause 8 or otherwise in this Agreement shall exclude or in any way limit either party’s liability to the other for: (i) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation (to the extent such an exclusion is not permitted by law), (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence or that of its employees, directors, partners, agents or subcontractors (including negligence as defined in Section 1, Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977), (iii) any breach of warranties as to title and quiet possession implied into these business terms by s12 of the Sales of Goods Act 1979, or s2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, or (iv) any liability to the extent that the same may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
- Subject to the provisions of this Clause 8, SCG maximum aggregate liability to you under or in connection with this Agreement or any collateral contract, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, tort, breach of statutory duty, indemnity or otherwise shall not in aggregate exceed the charges paid to SCG for the Services.
- This Agreement sets forth the full extent of SCG obligations and liabilities arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or any collateral contract, and there are no conditions, warranties, representations or terms, express or implied, that are binding on us except as specifically stated or contemplated in this Agreement.
- Any condition, warranty, representation or term concerning the performance of the Services which might otherwise be implied into or incorporated in this Agreement or any collateral contract, whether by statute, common law or otherwise, is hereby expressly excluded.
- For the avoidance of doubt this does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The construction, performance and validity of the Polices and these terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law. The Parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
10. Changes to Terms and Conditions and Invalidity
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- Please use the contact details as set out at www.sunrisecareerguidance.co.uk and you will receive a response as soon as practicably
- In the event that your notice relates to a complaint relating to the services provided by us to you please notify SCG via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a confirmation that we have received your complaint within 24 hours and you will be contacted no later than 48 hours following that acknowledgment.
12. Cancellation Policy and Distance Selling Regulations
- Given the nature of our service, you acknowledge and agree that SCG will start the provision of services to you upon the earlier of you having confirmed, either in writing or verbally to commence services or the payment of the relevant fees for the service that you wish SCG to provide.
- Accordingly under Regulation 13 of the Distance Selling Regulations you do not have the right to cancel this contract once you have provided the relevant confirmation or payment as set out above, and any refund in whole or in part as a consequence of you not proceeding with the contract is at the sole discretion of SCG.
- SCG have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained within this site is accurate or up to date, however in the unlikely event that any information is found to be inaccurate we shall have the right to refuse to meet or to cancel any orders placed for that product or service whether or not the order has been confirmed or payment has been made. In the event that payment has been made and your order is cancelled, we shall immediately issue a credit in the amount of the payment made.
- You are solely responsible for determining whether to proceed with using any of the recommendations that SCG may provide as a result of its Services and you agree that you remain solely liable for any use of these recommendations. You acknowledge and agree that SCG cannot guarantee any benefits from the use of our Services.
- SCG shall not be held liable for any breach of this Agreement caused by circumstances out of its control including, but not limited to, Acts of God, fire, lightening, or extremely severe weather, explosion, war, disorder, flood, industrial disputes (whether or not involving our employees), acts or omissions of Internet services providers or acts of local or central Government or other competent authorities.