Sunrise Career Guidance is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
Lis McGuire, founder and operator of Sunrise Career Guidance is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). If you are unhappy with how we collect and use your data, please reach out to us in the first instance so that we can work to address and hopefully resolve your issue. If you feel it is necessary, you can complain to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk).
About Sunrise Career Guidance
Sunrise Career Guidance is a career guidance provider serving private clients (individuals) as well as private and public organisations including schools, and charities.
Registered address: 5A School Lane, Maidstone, Kent ME15 8DU. Email address: email@example.com
Review of this policy
What is Sunrise Career Guidance’s lawful basis for processing your personal information?
Sunrise Career Guidance’s lawful basis for processing the personal data of private clients (individuals) is ‘Contract’: processing your data is necessary to deliver our services.
As set out by Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR: “processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract”.
Sunrise Career Guidance will therefore process your personal data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, or because you have asked us to do something before entering into a contract (e.g. to provide a quote or details of our services, for example).
When working for schools and charities, Sunrise Career Guidance operates as a Data Processor, and the school or charity operates as the Data Controller.
How do we collect information from you?
Sunrise Career Guidance collects personal information about you when:
- you make an enquiry or order via our website https://sunrisecareerguidance.co.uk
- when you share personal information or documents containing personal information with us via our website, email, post, text message, telephone call, face-to-face meeting, WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom, or social
- you request that we send you
- you share feedback on our products and
- we gather publicly available data sourced online (e.g. from LinkedIn profiles, press releases, news articles, presentations, company websites).
- if your parent or guardian sends information on your behalf (if you are 16 or under).
What types of personal information does Sunrise Career Guidance collect?
Personal information means information that can be used to identify an individual. The personal information we collect about you may include:
- Identity data: This may include your name; title; and
- Contact data: This may include your address/location; telephone numbers; email address; details of social media profiles (e.g. LinkedIn, Skype ID; online portfolios).
- Career details: Career history; education; qualifications; skills and qualities; references; past achievements; and future aspirations and plans as uncovered through telephone / online conversations and written correspondence and content sent via post or
- Transaction data: This may include the date; time; details; value; and status of your order
- Technical and website usage data: This may include your IP address, browser type/version, browser plug-in types/versions, time zone and location, operating system/platform and other device technology you use to access our website. It may also include information regarding the pages of our website that you access and when you access and when you access them
How does Sunrise Career Guidance use your personal information?
By providing personal data to us, you are consenting to Sunrise Career Guidance using your data to:
- Provide requested product or service information in response to your enquiries
- Process orders that you have submitted
- Provide our products or services (perform the contract between us)
- Seek your views or comments on the products and services we provide
- Notify you of any changes to our products or services
- Develop and improve our products or services
- Communicate with you about other relevant products or services
- Track and analyse user trends
- Monitor the security of our products or services
We will not:
- lease or sell your personal information to third parties
- spam you
- share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, unless you have permitted us to do so, or we are required to do so by law
Who has access to your personal information?
Under certain conditions, we may disclose your personal information to others as follows:
Third party service providers working on our behalf: We may use carefully chosen third-party service providers for the purposes of completing your order, for providing our services to you, and for running our business. Third-party service providers may include IT and website support professionals, professional advisors supplying banking, legal, insurance, and accountancy services, and online service providers (e.g. PayPal, Carbonite, Xero). We understand that chosen third-party service providers have adopted relevant security and technical measures to protect your data.
If our use of a third-party service provider requires your data to be transferred outside of the United Kingdom, we understand that these providers work in line with appropriate data security standards e.g. GDPR; the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework; the Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield; and Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
Other: We would share personal data in response to a legal or regulatory request e.g. a court order or to investigate or prevent fraud or another crime.
Data security precautions
Security of information transmitted over the internet cannot be assured, therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us; you do so at your own risk.
Whilst we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur, Sunrise Career Guidance takes appropriate steps to guard against unauthorised access, misuse, alternation, or loss of your personal information under our control.
At your request, we can password protect files before sending them to you via email, with passwords communicated by text message or verbally by telephone.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
Here are some practical steps you can take to restrict the collection or use of your personal information:
Limit the personal information you share: Only share data that you want to share and are comfortable in sharing. However, please note that not sharing requested information may impact the quality of our service.
Audit your publicly available information: Conduct an audit to clarify what personal information you are sharing online. If you share information on public forums e.g. Facebook and LinkedIn, this may be visible to others, unless you lock down your privacy. If, for example, you connect with a member of our staff on LinkedIn, this may be visible to other members of your network, or to other users of the site.
Opt out of electronic communications: We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone, post, or text message unless you have given your prior consent. If you give consent, then we may email you from time to time offering further information about our products and services. If you change your mind about receiving these communications, you can unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link on our emails or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading Unsubscribe.
If you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, Sunrise Career Guidance reserves the right to contact you about your orders and to share policy updates. You will continue to receive essential account-relevant information.
Cookies: Set your browser to reject cookies.
How to access your personal information as held by Sunrise Career Guidance
It is your right to access, amend, and update your personal data as held by Sunrise Career Guidance.
- ask for a copy of the information we hold about you
- request that we amend or delete the personal data we hold about you
- revoke your consent to our use of your information for the above listed purposes, accepting this will not entitle you to a refund unless otherwise permitted under our standard terms and conditions
- ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes
You can take these actions at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Sunrise Career Guidance will acknowledge and respond to your request within 30 days. In the event of such a request, we may need to ask for certain information to confirm your identity to ensure data is only shared with you or at your explicit request.
Find out more about your rights at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data- protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Aged 16 or under
Sunrise Career Guidance is committed to protecting the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please obtain your parent/guardian’s permission and forward this to us in writing before you share your personal information with us.
In the event of a data breach
Sunrise Career Guidance has a sound understanding of the personal data we hold, where it is stored, who can access it, how to identify personal data breaches, and how to report and manage them if they occur.
Changes to this policy